Can you believe it? We’re on the home stretch – and the rest of the year will go by in a flash. So this is a great time to ‘take stock’ and do your final goal review for the year. What’s really important to complete by the end of the year?
If you’re on track with your goals – lucky you. And if you feel like your goals have gotten away from you, that’s OK too. Most of us are extremely busy with careers or businesses and/or children, families, friends – and our lives…
“Always remember that goals are meant to INSPIRE us, not to beat ourselves up with!” Emma-Louise Elsey
So, here are 7 Coaching Questions to Help You Review and Refocus on your Goals:
- “What are my 3 biggest priorities for the rest of the year?”
- “Are the goals still achievable? What might need to change?”
- “What could inspire me AND is reasonable! to get finished this year?”
- “What is the MOST important thing I want to complete?”
- “What could I do to make sure the goals get completed easily?”
- “What do I need to let go of (whether it’s a goal or something else) to ensure I achieve my goals?”
- “What ONE thing would I be disappointed I did not achieve this year?”
AND: Now you’ve answered these questions, what are you going to do about it? What action/s will you take? And once you’ve decided what you’ll do, write it down! Put it in your diary/daytimer or on your “To Do” Lists – and Bob’s your uncle¹
FINALLY: Remember, goals are important – they help us create the life circumstances we want – and we can get great satisfaction and temporary happiness from achieving them. But when we’re too focused on goals – striving to achieve them – we are pursuing happiness instead of being happy and enjoying the process.
“Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp,but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” Nathaniel Hawthorne
¹ “Bob’s your uncle” is a British expression meaning: There it is, now you know how easy it is to get done! Rather like the French “Voila!”, but I like ‘Bob’ more! )
If you liked this article on goal review and refocusing, you may also like:
- Super-easy Procrastination Tip – When Would NOW Be a Good Time?
- You can always quickly redo the FREE Annual Goal-Setting Worksheet – but just for the rest of the year!
- FREE* Questions Sheet – 21 Questions for Setting Extraordinary Goals!
Like this post? Click LIKE or Share below!